Author Topic: Not so “RARE” phones, phony items and other such fakery on eBay  (Read 46491 times)

Offline MMikeJBenN27

Re: Not so “RARE” phones, phony items and other such fakery on eBay
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2021, 01:56:38 PM »
I don't know how to copy links.

Mike

Offline Key2871

« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2021, 03:47:11 PM »
Some sellers don't see them everyday, therefore they are rare. Plus it makes a great selling ploy.
KEN

Offline HarrySmith

• 1937 302
« Reply #122 on: June 04, 2021, 04:22:25 PM »
I don't know how to copy links.

Mike

It's fairly easy. Click on the address bar. It should highlight. Right click, select "copy" from the pull down menu. Go to where you want to put it. Right click again, select "paste" from the pull down menu. In the case of eBay links they will be very long, shorten them by deleting everything after the item number. Item number will be right after "itm" in the link.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Offline MMikeJBenN27

« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2021, 10:00:03 PM »
One of the things that really bugs me is how sellers of Automatic Electric phones love to ad "Made in Northlake" to make it show in the North Electric section, yet E-Bay does nothing about this manipulation.

Mike

Offline Key2871

« Reply #124 on: June 08, 2021, 10:23:50 PM »
Some post them as Western Electric Automatic electric, and the sets are clearly AE. But I chock it up to the fact they want more exposure for their item.
KEN

Offline MMikeJBenN27

« Reply #125 on: June 09, 2021, 12:40:50 AM »
It bugs me, probably because E-Bay doesn't let me get away with things like that.

Mike

Offline markosjal

« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2021, 06:38:09 AM »
Right now, somebody is trying to sell a North Electric phone that looks like it was made for the military as being from the Second World War, despite the fact that Touch Tone did not exist in the 40s.  This phone is probably from the 70s.  That seller has me blocked, so they have probably lied about items before and don't like it when I correct them.

When i lived in Mexico and was buying phones on Mercadolibre (a Mexican auction site). A few sellers blocked me because they listed 1970s rotary phones as 1950s and i corrected them. They were especially bad at dating US and European phones.
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

Offline MMikeJBenN27

« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2021, 01:50:38 PM »
Probably crooks, as most people who really didn't know will say so.  Those who DO know, get mad that you are on to them.

Mike

Offline Key2871

« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2021, 02:44:45 PM »
The recent RARE Brown WE three slot phone, I was tempted to tell the seller WE never made a brown three slot. And it was clear as a sunny day it was painted by him, but I didn't because most times they either ignore you or as some have said, block you from their auctions.
Frankly as it's been said, buyer beware. Know what your buying ahead of bidding or live with it if you got a lemon that was supposed to be a gold nugget.
KEN