News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Mr Bones' telephones

Started by Mr. Bones, January 20, 2013, 10:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Bones

Going to work on getting some detailed photographs this weekend. This will serve as a start, so I can add on later.

1>     8 PM breakfast today with Jim Carrey, The Golden Goose, 12+ chef's knives, a mostly-empty bar, and my Mediterranean Cradle Phone, among other things...('61 554 on rh wall and Leich 901 not shown)

2>     My telco'd-nearly-to-death 1962 White 554...returning it to pre-modular; closest I have at present to a 'birthday phone'...

3>     My 9/56 Aqua 500...needs a finger wheel, anybody have a spare?

4>     My 8/58 Black 554...

5>     My first 302, 12/47 from oldphonedude...

6>     My 2/69 Beige 500...
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Nick in Manitou

Guinness with breakfast at 8:pm.  Sounds good to me!  (Actually, it really does!)

Mr. Bones

Thanks, Nick!

Works for me, every time lol! :D Notice that there is nice, hot, strong coffee, as well!

The 'breakfast' pic is actually slightly fictionalized.: It is, in-fact,  pre-breakfast. Notice the butter and the jalapeño jam has not yet been applied to the toast, and no Tabasco on the eggs.:o I was just feeling artsy-fartsy... ;)

Terrence
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

7>    My AE-40...

8>     My 1947 Leich 901 (?) Got it, and the AE-40 for $25, Craigslist! ;D...

9>     My 1960 ITT / Kellogg 500...

10>   My other (metal) 302...02/42...

11>   My 12/61 554 kitchen phone...
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

AE_Collector

Yes it is a Leich 901. The date is on the base in orange ink...yes? I have two of them both from early 50's I think.

Terry

Mr. Bones

Terry,

No external markings on this phone; 1947 was seen inside, iirc on the shell. Gold-coloured metal base. Been a while since I had this open, a month, maybe...

Best regards,

Terrence
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

AE_Collector

I think I saw someone else mention metal bases on the earlier versions of the 901. My 1950 something's have Bakelite bases with orange ink stamp indicating the date.

Terry

Mr. Bones

12> 13>   My 5302

10/9/58 case date
6/49 ringer
11/49 network
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

david@london

Quote from: Mr. Bones on January 20, 2013, 10:49:26 PM

1>     8 PM breakfast today with Jim Carrey...........

nice collection of phones ! though i can't see jim carrey at all in the breakfast photo...........just a rather good omelette. re. the fingerwheel, have you tried ericophon.com ?

Mr. Bones

Quote from: david@london on January 21, 2013, 01:26:09 PM
Quote from: Mr. Bones on January 20, 2013, 10:49:26 PM

1>     8 PM breakfast today with Jim Carrey...........

nice collection of phones ! though i can't see jim carrey at all in the breakfast photo...........just a rather good omelette. re. the fingerwheel, have you tried ericophon.com ?

Hullo David!

The framed picture at top center is an autographed photo of Jim; the reflected light makes it rather indecipherable, I admit.

I am heading to ericophon.com, in search of an open-faced finger wheel. Thanks for the tip!

I hope that it is warmer there in London; struggling to get mid-twenties (F) here in the Land of Oz...

Best regards, Boyo!

Terrence
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

14> Better picture of my Mediterranean Cradle Phone, gratuitous Jim Carrey pic, and assorted chef's knives... :D

Best regards,

Terrence
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

HarrySmith

The fingerwheels at Ericophones.com are very expensive. Someone here might come up with one, give it some time.
Also you can find them on Ebay, they do come up, and you can sometimes snag an old beater 500 with a good fingerwheel for less than thier price!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

twocvbloke

Quote from: Mr. Bones on January 21, 2013, 03:27:49 PMI hope that it is warmer there in London; struggling to get mid-twenties (F) here in the Land of Oz...

Dunno about that there london, but the snow's getting to be about a foot deep in places round these parts in County Durham... :D

This is the front street where I am, but the street I live on, yeah, unless you're in a tall 4x4, tractor or a plough, you ain't driving anywhere... :D

And I got the KX-300 phone box in shot, s'not full of a snow drift this year cos the wind's been blowing the wrong way... :D

Mr. Bones

Quote from: twocvbloke on January 21, 2013, 04:53:54 PM
Quote from: Mr. Bones on January 21, 2013, 03:27:49 PMI hope that it is warmer there in London; struggling to get mid-twenties (F) here in the Land of Oz...

Dunno about that there london, but the snow's getting to be about a foot deep in places round these parts in County Durham... :D

This is the front street where I am, but the street I live on, yeah, unless you're in a tall 4x4, tractor or a plough, you ain't driving anywhere... :D

And I got the KX-300 phone box in shot, s'not full of a snow drift this year cos the wind's been blowing the wrong way... :D

Wow, twocv! Looks like you chaps are getting 'cheesed'! I'm glad you got your sat dish sorted out before this! Stay warm and safe!

Best regards!

Terrence
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Mr. Bones

Quote from: HarrySmith on January 21, 2013, 04:43:18 PM
The fingerwheels at Ericophones.com are very expensive. Someone here might come up with one, give it some time.
Also you can find them on Ebay, they do come up, and you can sometimes snag an old beater 500 with a good fingerwheel for less than thier price!

Thanks, Harry! Wilco!

I just tossed it out there in the hopes that one would pop up...if not, at least I know where to find one, now... $7.95+ $1.00 shipping isn't too punitive, but I'm hoping to do better here on the forum! ;)

Best regards!

Terrence
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus