News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Kijiji Winnipeg "Vintage Telephones - Rotary, Push Button, 1940's - 1990's"

Started by CanadianGuy, December 30, 2019, 09:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanadianGuy

"Large collection of vintage telephones, ranging from early 1900's to 1990's. Including black, white, beige, pink, blue. Rotary dial and push button. Most have been tested and working, some have not been tested. More available than the pictures show. Unique mid century modern home décor, or perfect for film, tv, theatre prop. $25 each. From clean, smoke free home.

Key words: phone, phones, telephone, telephones, mid century, bakelite, rotary, push button, 1990's, 1980's, 1970's, 1960's, 1950's, 1940's, vintage, antique, industrial, steampunk, upcycle."

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collectibles/winnipeg/vintage-telephones-rotary-push-button-1940s-1990s/1468738741

I messaged him to mention the forum. He replied "Thanks for letting me know I appreciate that. I collected them for awhile but now I'm selling the whole collection. Thanks again"

;D

CanadianGuy

So I've been chatting with this seller, and it sounds like they aren't going anywhere fast since "they are all now boxed up in the garage (and too cold to work in there right now, lol). Maybe in spring I'll take individual pics and post again :)"

So I asked if they'd consider selling them as a lot. They replied "Not sure of the price for all, but I would be open to offers. They are taking up space right now, so I would be happy to sell them all at once. What were you thinking? I have a variety of rotary and push button mostly in black and white colours. Some I've tested and are working, some I haven't tested. Do you have a price in mind you would be comfortable paying? And I won't get offended by whatever you offer"

Thoughts? I'm sure he probably doesn't want $16k 🤣

guitar1580

Looks like good deals to me at $25.  In that first pic of 4 phones, I'd pay $25 each for the white hardwired 2500 (since mine is modular), and the black bakelite phone on the wooden crate behind it.  Of course, ya never know about the dreaded shipping bill.  It's a killer for lots of deals.

Jim Stettler

Quote from: guitar1580 on January 14, 2020, 01:15:57 AM
Looks like good deals to me at $25.  In that first pic of 4 phones, I'd pay $25 each for the white hardwired 2500 (since mine is modular), and the black bakelite phone on the wooden crate behind it.  Of course, ya never know about the dreaded shipping bill.  It's a killer for lots of deals.
I been doing this a long time. $50.00 for all  with local pick-up.It  is  generous from  my standpoint.

If I sound cheap then contact me for some great deals on my common phones. I am serious.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.