"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Shopping mall memories - A distinctive phone booth

Started by Sigmaz, January 19, 2018, 04:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigmaz

Payphone411

I was walking back to my car as there are paved walking trails behind the library and parking and thats when I saw box
sticking out. When I went to open the box to see what was inside as no way it could be a booth, maybe just and empty
box but there she was.

I was geeked up and could not believe what I found. I cam back that night and loaded her up in my 4Runner.

I removed the light that came with it as it was like 130watt Mercury vapor. I just installed a basic 120volt light socket and
and installed an LED bulb and timer. I use the booth as a night light for the kitchen. There is a timer installed that turns the light on at
6pm and off at 7:30 am

Sigmaz

What a lucky break.
I've never had such luck as to find something like that in a dumpster, let alone BNITB!

Good on you man.

Yeah I did an LED lightning conversion on my L-31a.
It makes a great nightlight for sure.

Protel8000

Quote from: AL_as_needed on January 25, 2018, 07:54:30 PM
All part of the modern cultured shopping experience  8)

HAH! Wow, I worked in that mall for a few years up til about 5 years ago. When I left they were in the process of getting rid of those planters, the sculpture, and water fountains that they had. It's all flat level tile now. Was definitely a unique design.

When I started working there, they still had 4 payphones, or maybe 6... can't remember exactly. They were mounted 2 to a giant advertising sign, at 2 of the entrances. When I left I think they were down to just one payphone left.