News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Northern Electric Paystation Schematics (Two)

Started by Ktownphoneco, December 08, 2018, 03:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ktownphoneco

Good afternoon all  ....    Attached are two N.E. schematics for a Type 34-A-11 Post Pay Paystation, and a Type 181 Prepay Paystation.      Both schematics came out of an old technicians field manual originally printed by the former Maritime Telegraph & Telephone Company in the Province of Nova Scotia on the east coast.    The original pages in the manual are in poor condition and printed on newsprint paper.   I know there is obvious bleed through of printing and diagrams from the other side of the pages, but I've done my best to retrieve as much detail as I could.    Increasing contrast to get rid of the ghost images from the other side of the page, tends to make circuit lines on the drawings disappear.     I have retraced a good number of the conductors in the circuits as it is.    More drawings will follow once I've had a chance to improve image quality.        Schematics have been sent to the TCI Library.         Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Jeff Lamb

Attn: Moderator - I know we have a topic heading for schematics / wiring diagrams, but since we also have a large section of coin collectors, I thought it might be best to include payphone schematics under the payphone category, rather than lumped in with schematics in general.      If I were hunting for a payphone schematic, I'd look in the payphone category first.   Perhaps an additional subsection under Payphones entitled "Payphone Wiring Diagrams" might be warranted.    ......   J.L.

bobv

Quote from: Ktownphoneco on December 08, 2018, 03:28:34 PM
Good afternoon all  ....    Attached are two N.E. schematics for a Type 34-A-11 Post Pay Paystation, and a Type 181 Prepay Paystation.      Both schematics came out of an old technicians field manual originally printed by the former Maritime Telegraph & Telephone Company in the Province of Nova Scotia on the east coast.    The original pages in the manual are in poor condition and printed on newsprint paper.   I know there is obvious bleed through of printing and diagrams from the other side of the pages, but I've done my best to retrieve as much detail as I could.    Increasing contrast to get rid of the ghost images from the other side of the page, tends to make circuit lines on the drawings disappear.     I have retraced a good number of the conductors in the circuits as it is.    More drawings will follow once I've had a chance to improve image quality.        Schematics have been sent to the TCI Library.         Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Jeff Lamb

Attn: Moderator - I know we have a topic heading for schematics / wiring diagrams, but since we also have a large section of coin collectors, I thought it might be best to include payphone schematics under the payphone category, rather than lumped in with schematics in general.      If I were hunting for a payphone schematic, I'd look in the payphone category first.   Perhaps an additional subsection under Payphones entitled "Payphone Wiring Diagrams" might be warranted.    ......   J.L.

Hi Jeff

thanks
VB