News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Coin Gauge Guard w/ Arrow on Gray 50K

Started by jason78, March 06, 2019, 07:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jason78

I have a NOS Coin Gauge Guard with the Downward Orange Arrow that says READ and was considering installing it on my Gray Western 50K. It appears the bracket for this guard is supposed to attach under the Designation plate which is riveted to the top of the upper housing. I guess the only way to install this bracket is to remove the plate? (which I'm not planning to do). Just figured I'd check to see if I'm missing something.

Thanks!
Jason

Key2871

Those were made for newer Western sets. That didn't have the plate, but had holes already for an upper topper card, or the coin gauge with arrow sign.
There wasn't an arrow on the older sets such as yours that I'm aware of. Get a newer western 233 or so, and put that on it.

KEN

kleenax

Quote from: jason78 on March 06, 2019, 07:39:53 PM
I have a NOS Coin Gauge Guard with the Downward Orange Arrow that says READ and was considering installing it on my Gray Western 50K. It appears the bracket for this guard is supposed to attach under the Designation plate which is riveted to the top of the upper housing. I guess the only way to install this bracket is to remove the plate? (which I'm not planning to do). Just figured I'd check to see if I'm missing something.

Thanks!
Jason
Jason, those are not rivets holding the designation plate as you call it. They are simply "slotless" machine screws. If you look at them from the inside, you will see the little nuts that hold them on. This was to help prevent theft or inappropriate removal of the plates or instruction card holders that were also held on by these slotless screws.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

jason78

Thank you both very much for the replies! I'll take a look and see if I can get the screws off to mount it, if not I may save it for a newer phone down the road. I have another WE 3 slot but it has a coin return so this Guard would not be correct.

Key2871

Jason, a three slot with a coin return is what that arrow part was used on. I was just saying I've never seen it used on a Grey. The arrow thing is too new. And with the upper removed, put it on your bench and use small pliers and turn the nuts counter clockwise to get them off. Just what those nuts and tiny lock washers so they don't get lost.
KEN