News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Sc Candle stick need to dis assemble the transmitter.

Started by RB, February 24, 2021, 08:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RB

Are there instructions on how to dis assemble the transmitter on a candle?
I need to take it apart so it can be re nickled.
And then be able to re assemble it later.
I can see the 4 screws that remove the bracket, but not sure what the rest consists of.
I do not wish to break anything, or have to buy a rebuilt kit, if one exists.
Any wisdom on this will help
Regards
Rod

TelePlay

Not seeing a picture of your transmitter, the following is an educated guess at taking yours apart.

This is like most WE, AE, SC and Kellogg. 300 Series WE transmitters (except the 329) are different. If yours has the two spring clips, a photo of yours would have helped a lot, just remove the 4 screws and lift the bridge out. The diaphragm is attached to the bridge and is not to be taken apart (if you break the carbon capsule mica insulator, all the carbon will fall out and only really seasoned experts know who to fix that damage).

If the rubber washer between the diaphragm and the back side of the face plate has bonded those two flat surfaces together over time, it will take a careful prying and pushing approach to breaking the bond to lift the bridge out of the faceplate. The rubber stuck onto the diagragm and faceplate has to be completely removed before assembly.

You will need to make or buy the appropriate washers to put the transmitter back together.

Post a picture of your transmitter.

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

RB

OK, here are the pics.
AGAIN, I see there are a bunch of types here, lol.
Can anyone tell me anything about these transmitters?
the one has a long number on it.
and the other just a "C" stamped on it.

TelePlay

Removing the 4 screws that go into the face plate ring will let you lift the bridge up and out of the faceplate. Don't remove or rotate the diaphragm attached to the carbon capsule by way of the small nut in the middle of the diaphragm.