News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Stromberg Carlson two story wiring help

Started by Azphone, April 27, 2020, 11:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azphone

I am working on  getting my Stromberg Carlson Two story wall phone working.  It has gone through many phases over the years to get it to this  point.  I have a 427 mini network, touch tone pad, I have replaced the transmitter and receiver. I had it working at one point and  a few connections came loose and I have been having problems figuring out the issue ever since.  I am hoping by go through each part with someone to locate the issue I can get it working again.  I have attached a picture of the inside of the hook switch box that holds the wiring for the transmitter, receiver and hook switch.  The two wires from both the transmitter and receiver run to 4 of the five posts on the incasing,  along with one of the wires from the hook switch.  The other hook switch wire runs directly to the top box where the network is being housed.  My first concern is the Hook switch wiring.  There are four posts and i have two wires.  Both of which are solder on the bottom.  Could someone confirm the wiring on the hook switch.  Should i have four wires or are the two sufficient and should they both be on the bottom or be separated one on top and one on bottom? Thank you for any help!

HarrySmith

Welcome. Looks like you have quite a puzzle there. I am no woodie expert so I am as lost as you at the moment. I think more pictures would be good and more info. Can you add text to the picture what each wire is? More pictures of the rest of the phone and wiring would help also.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Azphone

I uploaded another photo. My first concern right now with the hook swtich.  Before i get into my other major wiring dilemmas. :) 

RB

You are missing a couple wires on the hook, or, they were not needed for a mod.
More, clear pics will be needed if much help is to come.
It is hard to see much from those two pics.

Azphone

This is the back of the keypad i'm currently using and the 427 network being used.  Would i need to connect four wires to this network or are the two wires sufficient?

Azphone

Disregard previous posts... i busted a wired on the keypad and have to order a new one that may be different than the one shown.  Thank you all