and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the Month - November 2015

Started by AE_Collector, October 27, 2015, 09:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - November 2015   Run Off Vote  **Vote for ONE**

Mr. Bones' II/47 WE191G Payphone for $307 + $29.12 shipping on eBay
14 (58.3%)
HarrySmith's Stromberg Carlson Space Saver Phone. Only $39.00 plus $14.95 shipping
10 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

AE_Collector

Post your "Find of the Month" here.

A "Find of the Month" is a telephone or a related item that you acquired during the month that you are particularly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find it for your collection or the exceptional "deal" that you got on it.

The "Find of the Month" contest is focused on the collection of telephones rather than on their sale for a profit. To be eligible for the "Find of the Month" contest:

- The finder must have personally acquired and actually own the item.
- The item can be acquired for free but it can not be a gift or present from anyone.
- The item (or any of its components) cannot be put up for sale during the contest period.
- Only one "Find" per owner can be in a "Find of the Month" contest.

A Nomination Should Include:

1) at least one picture of the item.
2) the price & shipping cost.
3) where and/or how it was found.
4) the forum link if discussed in another topic on CRPF.
5) the eBay link if won there.
6) and other information of importance about the find.

Ideally your item would be posted in its own thread elsewhere on the forum such as "Auction Talk", "Flea Market/Yard Sale Finds" or "Collectors Corner" Board. Then you or anyone else can nominate your "Find" to the Current "Find of the Month" thread by posting at least one picture and other details including the price paid, any shipping costs and a link to the original discussion on the forum. It is not a requirement that your find be posted elsewhere on the forum but the more details the better.

Nominations of phones listed in other forum discussion topics, by members that do not own the item but realize it is indeed a "find" worthy of being nominated as a "Find of the Month" candidate, are always welcome.

Please pick your best "Find" to submit for the month limiting your entry to one phone or one "Find" that might include multiple items. If you have already entered for the month and come up with something even better either submit your new find indicating that it replaces your previous entry OR you can enter your new Find in next months contest.

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on PhotoBucket. Thanks John.

To check them out, click --> HERE <--

Terry

Babybearjs

Heres my entry for the month: A W.E. 3502. Just won it on Ebay. Paid Less then $20.00 for it!
John

cello973

Here we go again...for 11/15 this is a phone WE302 I picked up on ebay for about $60.00 with shipping but it is of somewhat historic value. The person named on the plaque is one of the original partners in Endicott Johnson and an investor and banker in Binghamton NY as well as being on the BOD of several prominent companies and NY Tel. The fact that it has a St. Louis, MO area code on the number card is consistent with the family having owned an estate in the area and Chester B. Lord having passed away in MO and the phone possibly ending up in the hands of private party at an estate sale somewhere along the line. here is the original ebay auction (Item# 301785813081) however I installed a period correct finger wheel.
Vince

Tech&Music

I nominate my PTT Red Ericofon! I got it in today after winning it on Marktplaats yesterday. I got it for €31 + €6,95 shipping, which I find a very good price for a decent working one!
It's a fairly rare colour, because it's a special darker red colour made for the PTT, and the Ericofon never really caught on here.
Ericofon.com has a scale of 10 in rarity of colour, the PTT Red ticks in at 6.
It's been discussed here: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=15202.0
It only needs a new rubber ring as standard with Ericofons, but for the rest she's fine!

Mr. Bones

Guess I'll add a 4th nomination for this month:

My II/47 WE191G for $307 + $29.12 shipping on eBay.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=8582.msg158793#msg158793

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WEBellSystemChristian

I'll nominate my dates-matching December 1958 (57 years old this coming month) WE 554 that I found on eBay for a BIN $29 plus $12 shipping! It's pretty hard to find these Tenite 554s in white, and after a much-needed peroxide bath, it will look white too!!

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=15167.0
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

andre_janew

I'll nominate my tan ITT 2500 that I got on eBay for $0.99 plus $15 shipping.  It can also be found here:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=13775.15

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=13775.msg157393#msg157393

HarrySmith

I have not had anything in the FOTM for a while so I figured I would throw one out there this month. I picked up a very nice, NOS?, Stromberg Carlson space save type phone. I have not seen one before and I thought the price was reasonable considering the condition so I bought it. Handset very similar to WE F-1, last photo for comparison. Only $39.00 plus $14.95 shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361424982404
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Well I'll give it a try. I really like this B1 I purchased from eBay for $58. I needed the AE handset for another project. The cloth cord was perfect and had a really nice AE tag on the end. The picture of the base looked much better than it was, paint was spotty at best

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262128585599

First picture is what I received, the second it what it is now. Not completely done, I still have to secure the new cover to the plate and screw it in to the B1. I am really happy how it came out, it the one on the left....Doug
Kidphone

AE_Collector

Okay, the November "Find of the Month" contest is underway with 8 contestants all looking for the WIN!

Everyone pick the favorite TWO "Finds" and place your votes.

Terry

AE_Collector

This looks like the right scenario for a Run-Off Vote. Two "Finds" are well out in front of the others but tied with 12 votes each.

HarrySmith's Stromberg Carlson Space Saver Phone. Only $39.00 plus $14.95 shipping

So, lets do a quick Run-Off Vote to break the tie. Everyone gets one vote because....well, two votes each may well result in another tie!

Good luck to each contestant.

Terry

Buzby

Quote from: AE_Collector on December 09, 2015, 11:41:53 PM
This looks like the right scenario for a Run-Off Vote. Two "Finds" are well out in front of the others but tied with 12 votes each.

So, lets do a quick Run-Off Vote to break the tie. Everyone gets one vote because....well, two votes each may well result in another tie!

Good luck to each contestant.

Terry

I'll mark my vote for Bonesey.

Mr. Bones

C'mon, yall! Get out there, vote early, and vote often! ;)

Make damn well certain to give Harry Smith's Stromberg Carlson Space Saver phone proper consideration when voting; it is a relatively uncommon, and desirable phone, and he got a great deal on it! 8) Very Cool! (sez I!!)

Best regards!

Bonesy
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

AE_Collector

Okay, the clock has run out. Mr. Bones looks to have his first win of a "Find of the Month"! Harry gave him a good run but old payphones must be the flavour of the month. Harry won back in January with his AE35 wall phone so it appears that it was Mr. Bones turn.

Congratulations Mr. Bones and to all of this months contestants as well.

Terry

WEBellSystemChristian

And, I also hereby nominate 'Bonesy' with the award for best FOtM sportsmanship! I can't remember anyone else ever encouraging members to consider voting for the opponents' find!

Quote from: Mr. Bones on December 11, 2015, 01:29:38 PM
Make damn well certain to give Harry Smith's Stromberg Carlson Space Saver phone proper consideration when voting; it is a relatively uncommon, and desirable phone, and he got a great deal on it! 8) Very Cool! (sez I!!)

Best regards!

Bonesy
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford