Telephone Switching > Magneto & Manual (Cord Boards etc)

Stromberg Carlson Military Switchboard

(1/6) > >>

Fabius:
Stromburg Carlson SB22/PT military portable switchboard. Made for the US Army Signal Corp. Vietnam era. Bought on eBay for $185 with free shipping. Seller accepted my best offer.

One reason I picked this switchboard was that it was in active military service about the same time as myself.

Also it still had its original ID tag on it. Many you see are missing this tag because whoever "liberated" it would remove the tag.

dsk:
I used the SB 22, when I served, but it had only one Jack at the operators pack.

Nice piece!

dsk

Fabius:

--- Quote from: dsk on June 01, 2018, 01:07:58 PM ---I used the SB 22, when I served, but it had only one Jack at the operators pack.

Nice piece!

dsk

--- End quote ---

Thanks. Were you in the Hæren? (Army)

rdelius:
When military electronics were disposed of .demilling rerquired tha id tags , meters  etc were distroyed.

dsk:

--- Quote from: Fabius on June 01, 2018, 02:41:03 PM ---Thanks. Were you in the Hæren? (Army)

--- End quote ---

The coastal artillery (??)  We had one at each canon for the postitions around,  one switchboard connecting all the SB22 ++ except for one position where they had an x-german 10 line wartime exchange:  https://goo.gl/BPDjqj

I have the German type, but have not got the SB22. (mainly because I'm not willing to pay what it costs  8)    )

The SB22 did not connect to the automatic system, the system (installed 1982) did not understand touch tones.

dsk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version