Telephone Switching > Magneto & Manual (Cord Boards etc)

NE 1240 Switchboard - Parts Required and a Question

(1/2) > >>

wmactor:
Hi,

I have acquired an NE 1240 magneto switchboard that was removed from a rural Ontario Bell Canada exchange years ago (dates on the parts in the lower section indicate that it is circa 1956).

It is missing some components, and I'm looking for a source of parts to complete it. 

Specifically, I'm looking for 9 5-position drop modules (27-C drops) or blank plates, and the trunk section for the board (or some 56-A trunk drop relays / 49-A lamps and 235-C jacks for interposition trunks to rebuild this section of the board).  These part numbers are from NE Bulletin 101, which I obtained from the PEI Museum website (an excellent website, by the way!)

And a question: this board is equipped with three cords per circuit - every switchboard I have seen has only two cords per position, one for the calling party and one for the called party) - what is the third cord used for?

A photo of the board is attached - any assistance or advice regarding part sources and the function of the 3rd cord would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Wayne

RB:
Wow, that is a nice board! congrats, and good luck finding much for it. ebay maybe, sporadic around here anyway.
Don't know why 3 cords per???
could you post a few pics of the insides, cord sets etc...

.....:
First off Welcome to the forums.

That's an awesome looking switchboard. I take it that you are in Ontario?

wmactor:
Thanks, Duffy!

I am in North York, Ontario.

Regards,

Wayne

.....:

--- Quote from: wmactor on June 28, 2019, 07:38:56 PM ---Thanks, Duffy!

I am in North York, Ontario.

Regards,

Wayne

--- End quote ---

I use to live in North York as a kid. I'm a couple hours east a long the 401 in Belleville now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version