News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric?

Started by Sargeguy, April 08, 2013, 01:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdelius

See no old parts at all including the wooden parts.Looks better made than many. Couldnt get $400.00 for a nice origional nowdays

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

wds

I watched this one, and can't for the life of me figure out what that was.  I see a $20 bakelite mouthpiece.  What is it?
Dave

Russ Kirk

This 88-c perch and other parts might be from a rare San Francisco Potbelly candlestick

http://oldtelephones.com/telephones/top-50-rarest-candlesticks/phone/1895-western-electric-company-san-francisco-potbelly/
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Russ Kirk

Perhaps this 88-c candlestick was a donor for another 88-c project. Looks to me there are some restoreable parts someone may want for another project.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Sargeguy

Russ Kirk is correct, that is a perch and original contact collar from an 1895 Pacific Telephone Company "San Francisco Potbelly" telephone made by Western Electric/California Electrical works.  The transmitter looks like a later WE.  The base looks like a lamp! Considering that the last SF potbelly, without receiver, sold for $3900, I'm thinking that the perch and collar are worth at least $160.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

TelePlay

Seller listed this item as a "Antique Western Electric Company Rotary Wall Telephone Bakelite Receiver" with a lot of good pictures and described it as "Up for auction is a Antique Western Electric Company Rotary Wall Telephone w/Bakelite Receiver. This telephone was an Estate Sale find. The box is made of oak, and is in excellent condition. I believe this box has been modified for the rotary style telephone. The rotary works perferct. It has sound & spring. Both the receiver and mouth piece unscrew and appear to be complete. The base mounting measures 11 1/2" x 7". The box measures 8 3/4" x 6 1/2" x 5 1/4". It weighs 9 pounds 10 ounces."

Some of it is WE, some not . . .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Western-Electric-Company-Rotary-Wall-Telephone-Bakelite-Receiver-/221955096933

Sargeguy

I don't think any of it is WE from what I see.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

paul-f

Quote from: Sargeguy on November 30, 2015, 08:19:38 AM
I don't think any of it is WE from what I see.

Check the capacitor.  In true ebay fashion, the seller took the only obviously marked part as the manufacturer of the whole phone.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line