News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Capt. Roosh's Phone Collection

Started by captroosh, May 12, 2020, 09:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captroosh

This is the one that stated me on my Life long love of  Phones It's a 1955 500 C/D It had been my Uncle's along with a couple other items he had given to my Dad among them a wall phone and a speaker phone device called a voice caster(wish I still had those). I had always wanted to have it as my personal extension as a kid. This was in the early 70's. But I couldn't get my Old Man to hook it up for me. However When I was a teen I manually Wired it to a jack in my bedroom as it had no modular connection. Everything on this is original except the modular wire connection.
Capt. Roosh.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

captroosh

Just recently got this metal 302 dated 10/41. Missing the ringer got order 1.
Capt. Roosh.

captroosh

This is actually the first phone I bought and what fed my collecting Bug. It was filthy when I got it. I have to double check my records on it but I think it's a Manual 302A It had a tube inside along with a condenser that made it a party-line phone. Removed those items so it will ring when connected. I have to see if I have some before pictures. Don't know why but images are showing up Horizontal even though they are right side up when I check them on my Laptop.
Capt. Roosh.

captroosh

This I bought from a guy on Facebook. He had a bunch of old stuff in a shed. I barely noticed it in the picture he had up. It was quite Filthy when I found it. Many of these were. Of course, I enjoy cleaning them up and seeing what's beneath the dirt. The dial barely moved when I got it. Amazing what lubrication can do. BTW Everyone of these work. They knew how to build them then.
Capt. Roosh.

captroosh

Now this is the pride of my collection. I had always wanted a working Stick phone for as long as I can remember. One of you fine gentleman sold it to me at what it cost him to acquire and get working. I won't say his name unless he wants me too but Thank you again if you see this. Currently I have it wired through the 302 phone I posted prior to this and they both work great.
Capt. Roosh.

captroosh

This I got on Ebay. This is my Green Acres phone. It's obviously a Lineman's butt set. However in Green Acres if you don't remember or are to young to know of its existence The Douglas's would have to climb a telephone pole to answer the phone. This was on a hook at the Top and was the only phone they had. I had to look it up because I couldn't remember it exactly. I was always inspired by TV and the movies. Obviously the Get Smart Shoe phone doesn't exist but wouldn't mind a replica. Same is true of the Batphone from the TV series. May make one of those one day. LOL
Capt. Roosh.