News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Amtsanschliesser and a white Model 28 scored well

Started by countryman, May 19, 2022, 05:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

countryman

This eBay user has interesting batches of items for sale at times. These results were standing out.
The Amtsanschliesser is a German military phone to connect field lines to automated offices. It has a later handset. I have seen better ones going for less.
The white Model 28 is rare as such, but this one has an early Vienna dial on top (0123...9, letters IFABRUMLYZ). It also has a later handset, but I'm not sure if the original one was also painted? I don't suppose Melamine resin was used like for later ivory handsets? The base is stamped V Sa tist 066 C3 - W M 6 (Siemens Wien/Vienna, 1931, June).

Please note - I am neither buyer nor seller in this auction.

dsk

One of the reasons for not having all I want of such items is that I am not willing to pay so much.  Still I have an amtsanschließer 33 in good condition. It is working well as a trunk-line for the field exchange too.

Typical for both these 2 phones are that when you use them on a 24V system, you have to use LB transmitter, and I believe that was what they used at that time too. 

Etienne

Interesting Model 28. Handset's color is a bit different from the phone's body. Are the dial and cradle "gold" plated? Never seen that on a continental European phone!

countryman

The gold (coloured) plating would sure look nicer with the ivory paint than plain nickel. At least the end caps of the handset are later (Model 36...), so I suppose the entire handset was replaced with a painted one from a black phone. The seller speaks of a replaced handset in the description.

Etienne

Quote from: countryman on May 20, 2022, 07:07:38 AMAt least the end caps of the handset are later (Model 36...)
I disagree. The handset is definitely later than 1931, but although last style it is all M28. M36 caps are different- but  can't see the mouthpiece very well. The ring is correct anyway.

countryman

Hm. I suppose I was wrong  :o
But what would have been original?

FABphones

More images from the two listings.

First screenshot below is the Amtsanschliesser, the other four are the Model 28.

I did a close up of the Model 28 endcaps, unfortunately one photo was all the seller attached of the handset.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble