News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

North H series updated to look like AE type 80

Started by MMikeJBenN27, February 08, 2024, 10:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMikeJBenN27

Check out my newest find.  I have always known about these, but have never actually seen one in person.  Hope I can find the missing handset parts.

Mike

rdelius

the missing parts appear to be standard ae parts

HarrySmith

I have some spare AE handsets. I will have to check if they have the parts you need inside.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

TelePlay

Anyone have an image of the ringer mechanism that would have been in this phone?

MMikeJBenN27

That would be great.  I found a wired-in receiver capsule, but I still need the piece of metal that the transmitter makes contact with, as using a Western Electric cup and transmitter doesn't work, either it sticks up too high, or if I use a T1 capsule, it is too low and rattles around.

Mike

HarrySmith

I found this picture of one by MMikeJBenN27 back in 2022
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Contempra

Hey Mike!long Time no See you😉 . You have à Nice phone . I didnt See one like this in green..Enjoy it m'y Friend .

paul-f

Quote from: TelePlay on February 09, 2024, 12:52:50 PMAnyone have an image of the ringer mechanism that would have been in this phone?
There are images of ringers for the H-series here:

http://www.paul-f.com/NorthRingers.html
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

LarryInMichigan

Those are very rare in colors.  Almost all of the ones I have seen were black.  That was a great find.

Larry

MMikeJBenN27

That is true of the Western/Northern Electric 5300 as well.  Colors are very rare, and expensive when you do see them.

Mike

HarrySmith

I found these parts in my AE stuff. I think this is what you were looking for.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"