Main Menu

W.E. 191G PayPhone Project Ive been working on I Need Parts

Started by randyleemunro, May 25, 2020, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randyleemunro

Hi All
Here's one of my projects during the pandemic
I recently bought a box of W.E. Payphone Parts and in it was
one of those 233g phone center gutted payphone dated 60-61 but it has a good 1967 single coil hopper (no Coil)
and extra 233g complete upper with a 10 cent coin track in it dated 59 that works fine and finally in the bottom of the box was
a 191G backboard and vault with hookswitch and hook dated second quarter of 1948 and so is the coin vault (see pictures) since
a 191G is my most favorite payphone ever you can do soo much with it......It came with a complete hopper full of mice skeleton's
which I rejected at the coin return.... I was able to refurbish the coin hopper dated 3-65 and it works flawlessly I repainted the coin
vault and part of the backboard took apart the hook switch and cleaned and burnished contacts......its turning out nice

So, I Need a 191G Upper any condition Including Rusty I can strip any rust with Apple Cider Vinegar (cheaper than Evaporust)

a single coil coin relay or 2

the top mount plate  for a 101a or b Network

Thanx in advance

rcourtney

Lucky the trap is still there.  The rest looks good.  "PayphoneInstaller" might be the man to talk to here.

Key2871

Yes, the coin trap can be difficult to install.
You got a great starting point.
You can go to eBay for Some things too.
KEN

Stan S

Randy
For a 191G to be 100% correct it must have a double coil coin relay with a double coil hopper.
Stan S.

Check with Jim Engle aka Payphone Installer. He will likely have all the parts you need.