News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Anyone having issues with e bay search??

Started by Key2871, July 14, 2020, 02:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Key2871

I've been trying to search e bay speificly like western electric phone, and I get the listings then it changes to lines.. And won't show the listings.
Has anyone here encounterd this issue?
I've tried many things but I can get anything to show  they turn to lines.

KEN

Doug Rose

Ken...I am having no issues on Chrome...Doug
Kidphone

19and41

Are you using any kind of ad blocker?  I get strangeness when my blocker is on on any commerce site.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Key2871

No and today is the first time I've had this problem, and I can not figure out why.
Yes I'm using chrome as well, but on my dumb phone well they say it's smart but I beg to differ
KEN

Key2871

Ok problem was chrome up date, it was removed and now t's fine.
Now have to find out why chrome is screwing up all the time. But that's a different thread.
KEN

19and41

— Arthur C. Clarke

Key2871

Yea it keeps messing up and I really want to find a better browser for Android. Any ideas??
KEN

19and41

I use Firefox on mine.  It seems to work alright.
— Arthur C. Clarke

19and41

I also use it on my PC and laptop, and it keeps all of my bookmarks current on each of them.
— Arthur C. Clarke

Key2871

KEN

Babybearjs

I always have issues with search engines... they grab the words and pick the easieast match.... so frustrating!
John

Key2871

Well you can set that in settings. I'm just frustrated with chrome always updating and then creating issues.
I tried everything I could think of but then I thought of updates, removed them and it was fine again.
It's like Microsoft and all their issues with computer updates causing major screwup with my PC.
I finally found someone to look in remote and he cleaned up a bunch of crap now it works better.
KEN

Pourme

~

Just a quick note on my recent experiences with browsers. (this is on my PC, not phone)

When I download Firefox, it causes issues with other browsers and I had to delete it. My go to browser for years has been chrome w/ Google search.

Recently because of privacy issues, I tried Brave w/Duck Duck Go.  Brave functions and looks like chrome browser. I feel safer and I don't get adds of everything I search on Duck Duck Go. A few times I went to Google when the DDG search seemed weak.

I would recommend Brave as a alternative, I'm just about to delete my Chrome browser for good.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread.
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Key2871

Not all all.. I had chrome on my pc before and I hated it, so I removed it and stuck with Google.but chrome has given me such issues with my phone as I can't get to this site with out having to do username and ads word all the time. Now that parts seems fixed except a couple times it burped. But some other things I've had issues with, yesterday it was e bay for the first time.
So I'm going to look into changing the default browser and see what comes of it.
Thanks for the help folks.
KEN