News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Antique Marier's Flea Market

Started by Doug Rose, May 06, 2021, 01:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

With Brimfield still iffy, Janet and I went to Antique Marier's Flea Market in Palmer MA, right near Brimfield. It is open until Monday.

Got there at 7AM, Very small but we did pick up some nice sticks, a pony receiver, a Green 554 with the backplate and a Dietz RR lantern which is in perfect shape.

Long day...off to cut the grass....Doug
Kidphone

HowardPgh

Those are beautiful. The nickel one is great with the drop hook. Flea markets here are drek. Most exciting thing I found was an almost dates matching black 500.
Howard

Doug Rose

Thanks Howard....seller did not even have the four sticks we bought from him out. They were still in his U Haul!

We always ask, "do you have any phones?"  Come back in 15 minutes! Boy we we surprised, a Pony receiver to boot.

Got the second dial stick at an Antique store after we left. We never find anything in Antiques stores anymore.

All in all a very good day as I thought we were leaving empty handed.....Doug
Kidphone

tubaman

Lovely haul - I wish we had flea markets like that here in the UK.
:)

Doug Rose

The Lantern is in just amazing condition. NY Rail Road NYC LINES Engraved along bottom of Glass.

This is just how we purchased it yesterday...Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

I had a long green Cord that was perfect to make two handset cords

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=25056.msg247487#msg247487

Nickel stick came out nice and the green cords makes it. I just have to clean the top of the Pony, the Bakelite is wonderful...Doug
Kidphone

Witty

Wow, very nice finds. You did good!
I live not too far from a highway with 4 large indoor flea markets on it, but I would guess I haven't seen more than 5-6 old phones the past 5 years.
I also have a few old cords with pin connectors both ends, but with one connector missing. I keep looking for those pin connectors, but no luck.

Nice job cleaning them up.

Ken
Ken

Doug Rose

Thanks Ken, the WE dial sticks are next this weekend...Doug
Kidphone

oldguy

Gary

Doug Rose

Thanks Gary....I do appreciate it....Doug
Kidphone