and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

CRPF Award for "Worst Picture of an eBay auction item"

Started by AE_Collector, December 06, 2010, 01:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

Buzby

The description doesn't say much. Perhaps looking at the pictures will give me some answers.

Oh, wait..........

Vintage-Western-Electric-Telephone-Wood-Wall-Phone-Rotary-Dial-EXC

compubit

A few of the other items from the same vendor...

J

A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Buzby

Quote from: compubit on January 09, 2016, 10:15:33 PM
A few of the other items from the same vendor...

J

I'd like a pint of what he's drinking.  :o

TelePlay

And some of his "mis-pictured" stuff sells. So what's going on,  seller moving stuff under the cover of eBay to send questionable items to buyers who "know" what to buy?

Buzby

Quote from: TelePlay on January 09, 2016, 11:13:44 PM
And some of his "mis-pictured" stuff sells. So what's going on,  seller moving stuff under the cover of eBay to send questionable items to buyers who "know" what to buy?

I was thinking along the same lines, John, but thought it more a user error.

I stand corrected.

TelePlay

Quote from: Buzby on January 09, 2016, 11:41:52 PM
I was thinking along the same lines, John, but thought it more a user error.

I stand corrected.

Nothing to correct. Just thinking alike. And since the first post of this above, two more items have been posted. One way to find out what's going on is to actually buy one of these and see what shows up in the mail.

The "mis=pictured" sold items were all BIN. Many of the for sale items are BIN and the seller uses the same picture for different items. 

Just weird. Kind of like that empty cardboard box that sold a few months ago, it was posted on the forum somewhere, and sold for I think $25. Just a plain, empty rather large cardboard box with a bit of trash in it.

A pdf printout of all of the seller's currently available items is attached for posterity.

AE_Collector

At least once a year I find myself re-reading this entire topic from start to finish. I just now finished reading it all again. I always get many laughs reading the comments. One of my favorite topics on CRPF.

Terry

andre_janew

Hopefully, the right pictures will get put up soon.  Otherwise they'll be some disgruntled customers out there who didn't get what they thought they would get.  Also, picture #1 could be wrong but the rest could be correct.

TelePlay

Quote from: andre_janew on January 10, 2016, 03:37:43 PM
Hopefully, the right pictures will get put up soon.  Otherwise they'll be some disgruntled customers out there who didn't get what they thought they would get.  Also, picture #1 could be wrong but the rest could be correct.

Look at this pdf of all currently available items

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3908.0;attach=135040

and count how many of the 61 items are mis-pictured. And how many times the same picture is used for different item.

Just scroll down through that pdf file and as you do, look at each picture and then read the item description.

Seller has a 100% feedback on 26 items but has sold 43. That would be 17 who did not provide feedback of any kind.

b3tamax11

I guess they rolled out of bed in the dark of the night and decided to sell their 500 set.

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: b3tamax11 on June 19, 2016, 11:02:51 PM
I guess they rolled out of bed in the dark of the night and decided to sell their 500 set.
;D
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Fabius

This seller found just the right angle to take the item's picture. In fact it was sooooo perfect a few more from the same spot where added. And while your at it go for the avent guard effect where focus and lighting aren't important.

http://tinyurl.com/gvl5cxz ( dead link 02-16-21 )

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Jack Ryan

Quote from: Fabius on December 22, 2016, 09:34:30 PM
This seller found just the right angle to take the item's picture. In fact it was sooooo perfect a few more from the same spot where added. And while your at it go for the avent guard effect where focus and lighting aren't important.

http://tinyurl.com/gvl5cxz

And just in case a detail slips through - wrap the cord around it several times.

Jack