News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

RFI Couch Candlestick

Started by Sargeguy, September 16, 2013, 08:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargeguy

I need info on a candlestick, manufactured for Couch.  It has what looks like a Western Electric "Hershey's Kiss"/single piece solid perch.  There is no switchplate or other parts in the shaft, although there is a switch in the base.  The hook swings loose.  Can anyone provide a picture of how the switch connects to the hook so I will know what parts are missing?  Thanks
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

wds

Is this the type c/s your talking about?  I know what you mean about needing to see a picture - I have a SC Kansas city c/s that's missing the receiver arm, and I'm still trying to get a picture of what it looks like so I know what to look for.  This one was missing the receiver arm, and all I did was rob one from another couch  c/s.  (2nd picture).  If this is it, I'll take it apart tomorrow and post a picture of the inside of the stem.  
Dave

wds

Actually, I think this is what you need.  Unfortunately I had a spare rod and sold it on Ebay a few months ago.
Dave

Sargeguy

Yep this is the one.  So the more modern Couch stick uses the same rod mechanism as the earlier one?

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

wds

Sorry about the late reply.  Yes, I believe they are identical.  Here's a picture of the bottom showing the rod and hook switch.
Dave

wds

I even managed to get a marked Couch receiver with mine.
Dave

wds

Here's a picture of the C/S with the receiver arm - the arm came out of the same couch candlestick as the rod.  I noticed that the arm has the same style to it as the Stromberg Carlson arm. 

I thought I had a normal but older Couch - what is RFI?
Dave

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409