News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1900 Chicago Telephone Supply Potbelly Candlestick

Started by wds, November 15, 2013, 01:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

Here's a strange Ebay auction.  "Please do not bid" is the first line in the description.

http://tinyurl.com/1900-chicago-telephone
Dave

Sargeguy

I only see a list of the seller's other auctions.   ???
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

poplar1

Quote from: Sargeguy on November 15, 2013, 03:44:59 PM
I only see a list of the seller's other auctions.   ???

These are not all from the same seller. This is what you get sometimes when clicking on an expired (removed also?) listing.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

wds

The listing has completely disappeared.  Not in my watch list either.  I knew there was something strange about that listing.
Dave

Contempra

Yes david but there is always a trace from the sale of the unit ( phone ) I I often bought on EBay to know that sometimes when the sale of an object, even if it is sold, it remains a trace. but apparently there is nothing left of this seller but I do not advance me too in this case because I do not know for it

wds

That's the second time this week that this listing has appeared and then disappeared.  If I see it again, I'll write down more information about the seller.
Dave

Jim Stettler

I used to see "test" listings that people would create to figure out the layout of the listing. They would usually point out that it was a test and do not bid.
JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

G-Man

Quote from: Jim S. on November 16, 2013, 08:45:54 AM
I used to see "test" listings that people would create to figure out the layout of the listing. They would usually point out that it was a test and do not bid.
JMO,
Jim
Exactly!

Jim is correct.

When you type "Please Do Not Bid" (in quotation marks) into the search box you will receive about 80-hits.

Do not check the INCLUDE DESCRIPTION box. Typically TEST ITEM, TEST AUCTION, etc. appears in the title.

wds

Actually what it said was to contact seller before bidding so he can "qualify" the bidder.  I saw no indication that it was a test listing, but who knows.  I've seen this listing before with the same results - listing disappears shortly after it's posted. 
Dave