News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Morphys Auction

Started by wds, December 07, 2014, 12:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

What a wild ride!  I ended up buying 5 candlesticks, including lot 972 for $125.  That was a fantastic deal on this phone.   I'm having trouble finding out what I actually bought, but I will post pictures as soon as I figure it out.
Dave

Kenton K

Sweet! I just bought a 20AL with OST reciever and 229 transmitter for $75 bucks. Ive never bought in this style before. How do I go about paying?

Ken

wds

I just got off the phone with them.  You can't see what you bought on the web site.  They will send you an invoice tomorrow with the amount due and shipping charges.  You can pay by C.C., or if you pay by check you get a 2% discount.  However, they wait 14 days for the check to clear before they ship.  I can't wait!
Dave

wds

By the way, I almost put a bid in on that one, but choked after thinking about the other phones I just bought.  I'm going to try and put together a list of the phones and how much they sold for.
Dave

Kenton K

wds

Ok, here's the phones I got.  The Monarch was kind of an accident.  I placed a bid but as I was pushing the button, the price changed about 3 times from other bidders, and I bought it at $175.  Still not a bad price with the OST receiver.
Dave

Kenton K

Here is the one phone I purchased.
Does anybody know why these great phones are being sold?

-KK

wds

This guy (Pete - see link below) is selling off most of his collection.  No reason given I don't think.

http://oldtelephones.com/

Surely we're not the only two to buy phones from Morphys today?

Dave

Greg G.

Quote from: wds on December 07, 2014, 04:11:45 PM
this guy is selling off most of his collection.  No reason given I don't think.

http://oldtelephones.com/

Surely we're not the only two to buy phones from Morphys today?

Not today, but I have in the past, including the 5 I got last week.  In this particular auction, I just did a low-ball opening bid on this one, but was out-bid.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Morphys is good at packing.  Call them and ask that the handsets be wrapped separately and not placed on the cradle.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

wds

I was wondering about the shipping on these phones.  Since you've bought from Morphys before, how do you get notifications about phones for sale on that site?
Dave

Greg G.

Quote from: wds on December 07, 2014, 05:38:36 PM
I was wondering about the shipping on these phones.  Since you've bought from Morphys before, how do you get notifications about phones for sale on that site?

I don't use the Morphys site, I use Proxibid which works with many auction houses, including Morphys.  Just give Morphys a call, they'll even tell you the cost over the phone.

I just now did a search for "telephone" on Proxibid (my usual method).  Wow, what a bring down from all those sticks and other cool phones, nothing much at all!
- Mike Row
e

wds

Attached is a PDF of all the telephones that sold today on Morphys.
Dave

Sargeguy

Looks like you guys got some deals!  Sadly I was outbid on the items I was looking at.  I would have stuck around for some of the more common WE sticks if I'd known they were going to go that low!!! :o
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

wds

At times it seemed like the Buyers had run out of steam and some of the phones went real cheap.  Kenton's phone is worth at least $250.  Quite a bargain.
Dave