and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric 20-C Swing Arm mounted candlestick

Started by Sargeguy, March 30, 2015, 11:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdelius

I would try longer screws with nuts inside the cup.Pop rivits would look bad

wds

The way the knuckle pivots there's no room for taps on the back side of it.  The only way to properly attach the cup so it pivots properly is to either use rivets, or thread those holes.
Dave

NorthernElectric

Cliff

Sargeguy

Is the back of the cup stamped with any ABT markings?  Are the holes notched?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

wds

No, it's the smaller 269w transmitter.  Someone must has swapped out the original transmitter for this one, and removed the cup by drilling out the rivets.  The stick still has the original cloth wires going to the transmitter, but one of the wires is cut in half - I'm guessing because the cup wasn't properly secured.  Not sure if I will keep that transmitter on the phone or replace it with the correct one.
Dave

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

wds

Well, it's cleaned up.  Now I'll start working on a mounting rod.
Dave

Doug Rose

Dave....it cleaned up great, I watched the auction and didn't pull the trigger. You sure made me wish I did....really nice....Doug
Kidphone

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

wds

Here's the headset I need to find.  I actually had one but sold it since I didn't have a need for it at the time.  Bad timing.
Dave

wds

Picked up another swing arm candlestick, but this one is a little different.  It's marked SP 20-A, and has one hole in the perch for the transmitter wires - my other 20-A has two holes, one for the transmitter wire, one for the receiver wire.  Any idea's why this is marked "SP"?
Dave

poplar1

Possibly "Special" -- though I don't know what's "special" about it.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Sargeguy

SP usually designates some sort of special modification AFAIK.  What does it have for a transmitter/receiver?  Are there any cut-out switches?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

wds

receiver is a headset, and the transmitter was a Kellogg bulldog.  The transmitter cup is quite interesting.  I've never seen a Kellogg like this one.  No cut out switches - it's pretty much identical to my other 20-A except for the single hole in the perch.  What ever made it Special has probably been removed from the phone by someone.  This one came with the original rod that connects to the phone, but not the mounting hardware.
Dave