News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

American Electric Fluted Column Candlestick

Started by wds, December 08, 2015, 05:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

Got this beauty for a very reasonable price.  Phone appears to be all original except for the transmitter.  Original wiring still inside the phone, and the brown line cord is green silk inside the bottom.  I have the correct transmitter which I will install soon and post new pictures.  I'm probably going to send it out to be nickel plated.  This is the first one of these I've seen where the base is nickel, and not black.
Dave

Stubbypylon

Craig Stanowski

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

HarrySmith

Hey Dave, This is what you will end up with!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161942382211
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

wds

I'm watching this auction.   Mine has the nickel plated base, and should look even nicer than this one when I get it back from Dennis.
Dave

wds

Ok, it's back together.  Don't have a proper receiver for it yet so I'll have to keep my eyes open for one.  It's hard to take good pictures when it's so shiney.  I will try to take some more later - maybe outside in the natural light (next time I see the sun, which is probably next summer).  Thanks again to Dennis for an outstanding nickel plating job. 
Dave

Ktownphoneco

Dave, that's gorgeous !       Very nice.

Jeff Lamb

Mr. Bones

What a gorgeous and unusual phone!!! 8) 8) 8)

You have done a fabulous job, and Dennis is "Der Meister" of the nickel-plating!!!

Great job, Gentlemen!!! I am truly jealous!!!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

wds

The one on Ebay sold for $3152.02 - I feel pretty good about my purchase!
Dave

cloyd

The all-chrome is really nice!  Would this version ever have a glass transmitter cup?  That would look sweet.  Is the only receiver for this phone bakelite black?

Tina Loyd
-- I am always doing what I cannot do yet, in order to learn how to do it. - Van Gogh -- 1885

Jim Stettler

Quote from: cloyd on January 19, 2016, 04:18:01 PM
The all-chrome is really nice!  Would this version ever have a glass transmitter cup?  That would look sweet.  Is the only receiver for this phone bakelite black?

Tina Loyd

Glass transmitters were typically aftermarket and sold as "healthier" devices. Just boil the mouthpiece and kill all germs. There were some very nice examples of glass mouthpieces created.
JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Stubbypylon

A spectacular purchase and amazing re-nickel job!
Craig Stanowski