"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Northern 20AL(?) with OST receiver

Started by NorthernElectric, March 12, 2016, 09:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poplar1

Quote from: Sargeguy on March 19, 2016, 07:08:01 PM
poplar1 is correct, but the 20-S designation was around longer than the 20-B was.  It is also much easier to find a 20-B with the earlier style perches, and patent dates on the perch than a 20-S.  I have found several 20-Bs that were re-stamped 20-S, and it seems that as nickel fell out of fashion the 20-S superseded the 20-B. 

If it is restamped, do you think it is really painted black over nickel? If so, this may be like the oak phones that the WE repair shops painted black rather than refinish -- much cheaper or just the newest fad?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Ktownphoneco

Greg  .....   Regarding your post concerning a Northern Electric & Mfg. Co. Ltd., 20-B desk stand, were you refering to patent dates on the perch itself, or on the back of the transmitter cup ?
I have 5 nickel plated N20-B's, one with the early Hershey Kiss perch and 4 later version 20-B's, but none have patent dates on the perch itself.     

Jeff Lamb

Jack Ryan

I don't remember seeing a Northern 20B (or 20S) with patent dates on the perch but I haven't seen that many of them. On WE versions - yes (like the attached).

Jack