My 202 D1 from Associated Telephone Co LTD

Started by dsk, July 23, 2016, 01:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

19and41

It's only natural, He lived in Western Norway (Wisconsin).   ;D
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

dsk

I am wondering if I should convert a Telegrafverket telephone to a subset.   
At least it should be easy, covering the fork mounting holes with a decal.
Not sure if I want to do so, its working well as it is, and nobody observes my subset, but the phone is beside my bed working great.
Much of the fun is to see the solutions, and the only soldering needed is to remove one wire from the ringer and put in a new with capacitor.

The diagram shows the phone, and how it will be after, letters in red is equal to color codes on the diagram from the original D1
dsk

HowardPgh

dsk, rather than taking apart an existing good phone, try to find the 101a coil and condenser from a junked WE 302. Your phone may have an AE dial in it but its spring contact setup looks like a WE 5H dial.  I tried looking at the schematic that was in your phone, but I could not enlarge it.
Howard

dsk

Quote from: HowardPgh on March 16, 2021, 02:28:07 PM
dsk, rather than taking apart an existing good phone, try to find the 101a coil and condenser from a junked WE 302. Your phone may have an AE dial in it but its spring contact setup looks like a WE 5H dial.  I tried looking at the schematic that was in your phone, but I could not enlarge it.
I have a working home-made subset, but I love to try out, and find new solutions. I will not "kill" a working phone at this moment.
dsk

MMikeJBenN27

That's a pretty kool little subset!

Mike