"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

T-E-L

Started by bobv, December 03, 2018, 04:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobv

Quote from: dsk on December 04, 2018, 05:02:33 PM
This is a local battery set, never seen any equal, but I it was mine, I had tried to put a battery of approx 3V between the terminals 9-10
Line between 2 -3 and a ringer capacitor between 3 - 1  The capacitor should be non  polarized and rated at least 200V. approx 1 microFarad.

When you go off-hook, and press the call button you should get dial tone. Dialing will result in loud clicks in the receiver!

Try it out.
dsk

Hi Dsk,
your information is very clear. working Great. Appreciated.

thanks
VB

bobv

Quote from: FABphones on December 04, 2018, 05:07:51 PM
Info from link above.

Hi FABphones,
it is helpful. thank you again.

thanks
VB

dsk

As mentioned, this is a LB circuit with a non standard dial attachment.
Wiring line as described makes the Capacitor working as a ringer capacitor, and lets the voice signal pass. It might have been better to solder it in to the Ringer, but this makes it working without changing the phone. Adding a Battery and you may use it as an LB phone. If any other phone are used on the line you may just lift off the receiver and join without using any line power.  When you press the call button a DC path is established (green dotted line) using 1/2 of the ringer as a holding coil.  This Holding coil may have to high resistance for some lines, but it seems to work here. The rotary might work, but again the high resistance holding coil might be a problem. Moving the wire from the dial according to the red markings may solve it. The voice signal follows the orange dotted lines just as if it was an LB line.  The light blue dotted lines shows the battery circuit where the transmitter "generates" the sound signal.

Since the dial only uses the pulse contacts, loud clicking in the receiver will be heard during dialing.

dsk

bobv

Quote from: dsk on December 05, 2018, 02:07:29 AM
As mentioned, this is a LB circuit with a non standard dial attachment.
Wiring line as described makes the Capacitor working as a ringer capacitor, and lets the voice signal pass. It might have been better to solder it in to the Ringer, but this makes it working without changing the phone. Adding a Battery and you may use it as an LB phone. If any other phone are used on the line you may just lift off the receiver and join without using any line power.  When you press the call button a DC path is established (green dotted line) using 1/2 of the ringer as a holding coil.  This Holding coil may have to high resistance for some lines, but it seems to work here. The rotary might work, but again the high resistance holding coil might be a problem. Moving the wire from the dial according to the red markings may solve it. The voice signal follows the orange dotted lines just as if it was an LB line.  The light blue dotted lines shows the battery circuit where the transmitter "generates" the sound signal.

Since the dial only uses the pulse contacts, loud clicking in the receiver will be heard during dialing.

dsk

Hi Dsk,
thanks for  further details. I will try tonight.
First one I connect  like this.  Magic Jack to XLink,  XLink to Phone
I use CBB21  105J 400W capacitor
thanks
VB

dsk

If the dial just not allow you to dial the right number, you have to test out: does it use about 1.2 to 1.5 sec to return from 0?  does it look like the time the pulse contacts are open to be longer than it is closed?

If yes, and yes you have to test out something more. Themoving of the cord from the dial from 3 to 2 on the ringer may have you to solder, (not sure) if so just strap 2-3 for testing.  If it works ..OK  if not you have to use one more contact set on the dial. The white dash dot lines show you the simplest solution. If it works now, you may permanent move the wire from 3 to 2 and remove the strap. If not, it may be difficult to solve.

dsk

bobv

Hi Dsk,
working for me :)...thanks for your help

thanks
VB