News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Scott K. collection

Started by Scott, March 14, 2019, 12:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

Thank you D/P. My daughter got me started when I was helping her collect. Proof that the telephone collecting disease is contagious and may be somewhat hereditary. I am not sure when it all started but I would guess it is well over 10 years. The candlesticks I don't worry about working. I clean and polish and not much more. The 500s I clean, polish and repair to working condition. The Med Blue, Ivory and Beige in the photos hadn't been worked on yet but it was time to change. They will be taken care of when I get them out again in the future. I will still be on the look out for the Mahogany, Oxford Gray, a better Yellow and Green until then. Many more photos will be coming as I am going through the many boxes I have. Thanks for looking

Regards,
Scott K.

Scott

After emptying some boxes I gathered the corporate logo characters together.

Scott K.

Jim Stettler

>>>>EDIT<<<<< This post is regards to the early doughboy sets.>>>>EDIT<<<<<<
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dough boy is a tough one to find. The story is the made 1,000 of them.
The reality is the pretty much all quit working and most got tossed . If yours works then there is a good chance it was repaired.
These are one of those  character phones that people offer for $500. They sell for less.
I traded a Shellamar  (clam shell style  trimline) for  mine and it is a repaired one.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got the story of 1,000 from Jerry Wilhelmi. He acquired 2 of them over the years, one had a sticker with an 800 #, he called it to ask about the phones. The guy was surprised and said we only made 1,000 of them , and the went pretty quick.
I got mine from him.
Jim
google Shellamar to pull up photos of the phone type.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Scott

Quote from: Jim Stettler on December 19, 2019, 07:03:14 PM
Dough boy is a tough one to find. The story is the made 1,000 of them.
The reality is the pretty much all quit working and most got tossed . If yours works then there is a good chance it was repaired.
These are one of those  character phones that people offer for $500. They sell for less.
I traded a Shellamar  (clam shell style  trimline) for  mine and it is a repaired one.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got the story of 1,000 from Jerry Wilhelmi. He acquired 2 of them over the years, one had a sticker with an 800 #, he called it to ask about the phones. The guy was surprised and said we only made 1,000 of them , and the went pretty quick.
I got mine from him.
Jim
google Shellamar to pull up photos of the phone type.
Interesting info about the doughboy. I have seen them with two different bases. It seemed to me the base with the contours on the base is an earlier model and the smooth sided base is the later model. Nothing to base that on, just a hunch. Also, the dinosaur isn't a logo that I know of. I just didn't have another group to put it in.
Here are some more. Planes, trains and automobiles, (and street cars).

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Scott on December 20, 2019, 11:14:28 AM
Interesting info about the doughboy. I have seen them with two different bases. It seemed to me the base with the contours on the base is an earlier model and the smooth sided base is the later model.
I have/had  the later one as well. mine broke off at the base during shipping. The 1,000 number is on the early ones, all the post is in regard to the early sets. I forgot about the later sets.
Jim

You live, You learn,

Scott

Cans and bottles.

Scott K.

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Scott on December 20, 2019, 11:14:28 AM
Interesting info about the doughboy. I have seen them with two different bases. It seemed to me the base with the contours on the base is an earlier model and the smooth sided base is the later model.
On the  ones I call later, Doughboy looked different than the early ones, If you have seen the early doughboy on 2 different bases, then there was at 3 variations.
Jim
You live, You learn,

Scott

Thank you Jim for the information. I'm not sure what I have but I would bet it is the latest version.
Here are a few more  photos.

Scott

More.

Scott

And more.

Scott

More and more. That about does it for the inside phones. There are many more in the barn. Someday I might get to them.

Scott K.

Scott

Olympics

guitar1580

Great collection!  I like that pic of the 5 candlesticks together!

And the Stratocaster & Les Paul!

Josh

Scott

Thank you Josh. It has been fun looking at your collection, thanks for posting it.

Scott K.

Scott

Few more.