News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Kellogg 21 dial

Started by Rookie Hoyer, May 09, 2020, 07:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rookie Hoyer

I just found d a Kellogg 21 dial. I've searched all my data and the net and can't find a model phone that uses it. I'd love to find a wrecked phone to fit it in. It seems to be in perfect condition. It could be a fun project.

FABphones

Quote from: Rookie Hoyer on May 09, 2020, 07:40:19 PM
I just found d a Kellogg 21 dial. I've searched all my data and the net and can't find a model phone that uses it...

Could you add a photo of the dial front, and the reverse side.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Jack Ryan

Quote from: FABphones on May 10, 2020, 03:14:29 AM
Could you add a photo of the dial front, and the reverse side.

It is the AE licensed copy. I am not certain but I assume it was used on early Masterphones.

There is very little in Kellogg's catalogues about dials. That didn't make many - mostly used AE dials.

They made a dial for the Masterphone 1000 in 1947 and they made one in 1922. As far as I can see, they are the only dials they talk about until the K500.

Jack

Doug Rose

Kellogg also made their own Select O Phone systems. These dials resemble a AE dial but are NOT compatible to use on today's POTS lines and will not work.....Doug
Kidphone

Jack Ryan

Quote from: Doug Rose on May 10, 2020, 08:39:18 AM
Kellogg also made their own Select O Phone systems. These dials resemble a AE dial but are NOT compatible to use on today's POTS lines and will not work.....Doug

I think those were all variations of the Masterdial

Jack

Rookie Hoyer

Here are some photos.

rdelius

Your inpulse cam will have to be rotated so the end of the contact that rests on the impulse cam will fall in the narrow part. Someone might have a photo.