News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE candlestick with 20CE perch

Started by Witty, January 18, 2021, 03:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Witty

I've rotated my images several times now. They were all rotated vertical when taken and attached but came out rotated left in the post. So I opened them in the editor and rotated them all right then reposted them assuming they would rotate left and appear correct when posted. Instead, they were rotated right when reposted. I reverted them back to their original correct rotation. I have no clue how to make them look different in the posting.
Sorry, I tried but there is something wrong with the posting mechanism?
Ken

Witty

Poplar1
Here is a side pic of the contacts. I really appreciate everyone's help.
Hopefully the orientation of this photo won't matter.
I use my iPad for all internet correspondence except txt and phone contacts, and have for the last 4-5 years,  and use my iPad camera for all photos to post on the internet. If that's a problem posting images with this site please let me know what I have to do so my iPad photos are posted correctly.
Ken
Ken

poplar1

It appears to me that the 3 short contact springs to go together (make) when the receiver is off-hook. The long spring may have originally made contact-- when the phone was hung up-- to another contact that was associated with the brass terminal that is closest to the top of the phone. You won't need to use the terminal associated with the long spring.

Use one of the bottom 2 screw terminals (that are not associated with any of the springs) to connect one side of the receiver to the (green) wire going to the subset and use the other one for one side of the transmitter  to another wire going to the subset (yellow). Then the red wire to the subset would go to one of the 3 springs that make, and the other side of the receiver and other side of the transmitter would go to each of the other springs.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

TelePlay

Quote from: Witty on January 23, 2021, 06:47:05 PM
I've rotated my images several times now. They were all rotated vertical when taken and attached but came out rotated left in the post. So I opened them in the editor and rotated them all right then reposted them assuming they would rotate left and appear correct when posted. Instead, they were rotated right when reposted. I reverted them back to their original correct rotation. I have no clue how to make them look different in the posting.
Sorry, I tried but there is something wrong with the posting mechanism?

So as not to hijack this topic any further about image uploading, please read this new topic

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=24795.0

If you are using your phone or iPad or anything Adobe or Apple to rotate images, that can be a waste of time since it only changes the orientation EXIF code in the phone's original image which is stripped away upon uploading. I've never uploaded imaged directly from a smart phone. I always move them to a PC, rotate them, crop them, resize them and save them with a meaningful file name before uploading them. I've never posted a sideways image using that procedure. Yes, it is extra steps but using it best displays your images to the forum membership.

Jack Ryan

I still don't know what a 20-CE is but it is very similar to a 140-CN

The circuit in the base does not match the phone - the circuit is that of the 140-CN and has an additional contact.

These are apparently "special" telephones as implied by the catalogues and the circuit in the base. The donor phone is a 120-AL but the contacts are not that of a 120-AL

Jack

Witty

Thanks guys for all your help and knowledge. As always, I'm so impressed with the knowledge found on this site.
I'll try to find the parts I need and hope to get this back to as close to original as possible. That's always my goal with any unit I find.
Thanks so much!
Ken
Ken