News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Nice Estate Sale Find

Started by Doug Rose, March 14, 2021, 10:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Jan and I went to an Estate Sale yesterday and found a WE 20B gutted and mounted on a wood base. It was not made into a lamp. There was a small screw on the top which I found later screws the perch into the stem. The rest was gone, nothing inside. Someone put a lot of work into this to make it presentable.

BUT the Pristine working receiver did have a real nice Rattlesnake cord. That was a real nice find in itself.

I have a nice receiver/cord for me and a Display phone (Last pic) for a pricey $15. A red Modular WE 500 was $20....go figure.

I had to break the wood base to get it off, so its a repro base cover until I find another....Doug
Kidphone

RB

Doug Rose

thanks Rod....I also picked up two 500s. The Black 2 60 500 set looks like it was never used....just remarkable condition with the still attached matching black 4 prong.

Red 500 was covered with stickers that were a pain to remove. I have removed wallpaper easier  :'( Modular handset cord was a mess, more black than red. Goo Be Gone soak for a couple of hours and then a MR Clean Bar. I amazed myself...Doug
Kidphone

oldguy

Great finds Doug. This post just reminded me your a 500 guy now😀
Gary

Doug Rose

Quote from: oldguy on March 15, 2021, 11:33:20 PM
Great finds Doug. This post just reminded me your a 500 guy now😀
thanks Gary....that I am. The red will move on, but the Black one is tugging at me....Doug
Kidphone

Witty

Doug,
The mirror finish is simply outstanding. You do excellent work.
I've been reading a lot of past threads the past two weeks, after retiring, and trying to catch up with things, and saw some of your collection photos.
All I can say is; 
Wow!
What an awesome collection you have.

Ken
Ken

Doug Rose

Thanks Ken.....I do appreciate it.

I have been work from home for a year now, it has put my retirement plans on hold as I used to commute 3 hours a day in and out of Boston. Now I have a brisk walk downstairs and power up my PC.

I don't miss the 15 minute walk from the train to my office with below zero wind chill like this morning....Doug
Kidphone