News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Installing an AECo mini-network into a WECo D1 Mount

Started by deedubya3800, June 10, 2011, 05:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markosjal

I have updated this diagram to show the proper numers for those networks that do not have wires. Some have spade lug quick connects.

I have also added the spark supression capacitor/resistor module removed from a rotary styleline handset. It should work for dial and hookswitch contacts. This AE unit tucked nicely above the entry for the monting and handset cords, and gave me wires that were just about the right length. Of couyrse this was the best I could figure out and I can not say it is guaranteed to be accurate. It is working in a 202 with mini AE network.

Mark
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

kleenax

I don't know if this will help, but I did this cross-reference diagram quite some time ago when I was using these little networks more. (.pdf attached)

I also wrote an article for TCI's SingingWires some time ago about mounting one of these into a B1 mount. Must have been around 2006 or so.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

markosjal

Quote from: dsk on June 12, 2011, 04:25:01 AM
When I become absorbed in a thread like this, I cant really get out of it before????
I wake up this morning, thinking, this self-compensating, universal circuit is sold with no manuals. The designer knew how it was intended to be used. Impedance matching, is difficult, and will not extremely important, but limiting the current through  the transmitter may secure a long life, with little noise (static). 

So:
Put an Ammeter in series with the transmitter, when the phone is on the telephone line, and off- hook. The reading should not exceed 25 milliamps. If you have noise (static) from the transmitter, try to put a resistor in parallel, approx 200 ohms will be a nice value to start with. (don't let this current be included in your reading.)
Then if the reading is more than 25 milliamps, add resistor(s) in series until you reach a value at 25 milliamps or slightly less. (still metered through  the transmitter regardless of shunted resistors).

This may not be a very important issue. My guess: The W.E. 500 design was the first considering this, and a lot of other makes has never thought about it at all.

dsk

Put an AE mic element in F1 handset and problem solved.
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish