News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Question on Leich transmitter

Started by tonystardis, July 26, 2012, 10:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonystardis

New here, Bought this and a few other phone goodies at an auction and I want to complete this so I can clean it up and find a good home for it. By looking at others photos I think it is a Leich but is unmarked,the ringer box the it came attached to is leich. The transmitter cup has an inside diameter of 2.937 or 2-15/16. So question is on locating a transmitter on ebay,is it only for candlestick phones or will ones from wall phones work also,meaning one size fits all or do I need to ask specific questions like diameter, placement of screws and such. I dont really know how to make the image work,just copy and paste the link works.
thanx in advance
tony

LarryInMichigan

Tony,

Welcome to the forum.  There is no link in your message.  Images can be included in posts by either specifying the image files (if they reside on your computer) as attachments under "Additional Options" at the bottom of the page, or by enclosing the URLs to the images inside of "".  Pushing the button with the little picture on it will insert the "" for you.

Larry

tonystardis

Thanx Larry for the welcome and pic help!!

LarryInMichigan

I think that just about all of the transmitters made at that time in North America were the same diameter and fit into the cups.  If you are not particular about finding a Leich transmitter, you can probably find a Kellogg, AE, or something else.

Larry

rdelius

The Leich is the same size as a SC.These are  smaller than WE,AE, or Kellogg

tonystardis

Thanx for your help guys, I do have a Kellog also and it is smaller. I will try to keep it all Leich. I'm sure I will have many more qustions in the near future.

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

Sargeguy

Welcome.  Leich transmitters are not the most common, but aren't particularly rare.  They can usually be had relatively inexpensively.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409