News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My first candlestick I just won...

Started by canuckphoneguy, August 25, 2012, 05:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canuckphoneguy

I just won this auction on a candlestick. I just happened to bid on it and didn't really expect to win. There were a lot of watchers on this so I thought it would go out of my price range. I paid $81 for it. It looks like it's in good condition. Not sure of the make. It looks like it has a "modern" cord so I hopefully can plug it in. What do you think it is?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/280945554073?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

wds

Looks like you got a very nice phone.  The bottom gasket looks damaged, but there is a member here that sells those gaskets, which reminds me I need a couple also.  Very nice!
Dave

canuckphoneguy

What's a gasket?  :-\ Glad it's an ok phone - I'll post pics when I receive it. Also, who is a member who sells gaskets if I need one? Thanks!  ;D

poplar1

He's talking about the rubber ring that keeps the baseplate from scratching the table or sliding around while you are dialing. Gary Goff sells repro gaskets:

ggoff@telis.org

You may also want to add a subset (bell box) which contains both the induction coil and condenser needed to complete the talking circuit and a ringer and condenser for incoming calls.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.