News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

yankee-carpetbaggers

Started by Babybearjs, June 06, 2017, 10:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

thought I'd drop this in.... as I'm monitoring the phones on ebay to see whats what and keep coming across a seller under the handle of "Yankee-Carpetbagger". seems the person is hard up for cash.... trying to sell some 636 key assemblies and wants over 42.00 for shipping..... just to let you all know.....pass on their products.... If I can sell a whole phone and only charge 13.60 for shipping.... so can they....
John

poplar1

If you click on the "shipping and payments" tab in the listing, it shows a choice of shipping methods. For example, $28.00 for priority mail or $6.65/ first class. He also states that he charges only the actual shipping cost and refunds any over payments via Paypal. By the way, seller handle is yankee-carpetbaggers.

---------------------------

EDIT:  eBay handle in title has been changed/corrected
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Doug Rose

He is one of my favorite sellers. I watch his auctions weekly. Great guy
...not so great pictures. He sells a lot of phone stuff at really great prices. I strongly disagree with
your assertion.  Just my humble opinion....BUT I know you know best....Doug
Kidphone

Desert Phone Guy

I have always had excellent transactions with Yankee-Carpetbagger.  He ships quickly, packs well, only charges actual cost on shipping.  Nothing but 5 starts for this seller.  I have made multiple purchases and have always been more than satisfied.

Steve

TelePlay

I agree. Everything I ever bought from him was a good deal including shipping. I even asked him if he could send another image showing something I could not make out in his listing photos and he apologized for the blurry photos (and, yes, they are still blurry??).

Dave F

Quote from: Doug Rose on June 07, 2017, 02:43:45 PM
He is one of my favorite sellers. I watch his auctions weekly. Great guy
...not so great pictures. He sells a lot of phone stuff at really great prices. I strongly disagree with
your assertion.  Just my humble opinion....BUT I know you know best....Doug
I agree with Doug and others who hold this opinion.  I have made several purchases from this seller and have always had an excellent experience.  He seems to have a problem listing a realistic shipping price, but don't let this dissuade you.  He actually charges fair shipping and always refunds any excess shipping charges.

DF

RotarDad

Yes - Very good seller!   I think he even bought a batch of WE TT dials I had on Ebay....  Many sellers are very open to a discussion of issues like shipping - never hurts to ask....
Paul

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Sargeguy

Some times sellers forget to change the weight and dimensions on an item if they list a a lot and use the "sell similar' option to save time.  I usually ask for clarification if a shipping cost seems too high.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

wds

I've bought from yankee-carpetbaggers and was very pleased.  Now here's a seller you would want to stay away from - I bought a phone from him a few days ago, and he had several other items for sale also.  The Seller sold all the items, took the payments then disappeared.  I'm sure he closed his bank account so Ebay couldn't get the money back.  I think Ebay will get stuck with all the refunds.

proplus ( -7 )  I can't post a link to the items since he has closed his account. 

Dave

Sargeguy

Did you pay using PayPal?  They should cover it.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

wds

I'm sure that Ebay/paypal will get my money back.  Here's his feedback - everyone had the same experience with this seller.
Dave