News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Take THAT, Opa Locka!!

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, January 20, 2018, 05:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBellSystemChristian

Well, this is certainly a new one on me. John, I doubt one of your ever-doomed USPS shipments can top this.

I bought a phone on eBay from New York. The seller sent it via Priority Mail, and when the tracking info showed up, it was expected to be here Friday. Well, it never showed up. Today is Saturday, and after being labeled as "in transit to destination, Waukesha, WI" for three days, it finally made it to the "destination"...

...San Juan, Puerto Rico.

>:(

Well, no wonder the travel took so long; USPS didn't send it from an upper East Coast city to an upper Midwestern city, they decided to go the whole nine yards and take it out of the Continental United States!!

At least the phone is getting an all-expenses-paid trip to a sunny, beautiful tropical island. I don't think the Postal Service would do that for me...
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

TelePlay

Funny story.

Well, that's been done before by Neil Simon, first the play in 1991 and the movie in 1993 . . .  ::)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107443/

Seriously, I can just picture the box falling off of a cart on the post office or on the tarmac and some idjit picking it up an throwing it on the next cart going by - the stuff going to PR.

Reminds me of the time I flew back from Toronto to Milwaukee and my luggage went to Hawaii. The airline did not give me a round trip ticket to go get it, darn. Luggage had a good time.

Now, had they thrown on the cart to OPA LOCKA, you might already have it since they've improved there pass through rate at less than a day.

Babybearjs

I had that happen to me. something was sent out of California, and it went to Alaska before it showed up here... based on what you showed here, the stupid seller MISMARKED the box... to have your order go astray like that is sad....
John

AE_Collector

Yes but still no power in lots of PR so they may not be able to see it sitting in the corner that they store it in. Be prepared for the extra delivery charges to be tacked on!

I sent a box by Canada post recently which I hadn't done for a LONG time. I was shocked (but not really surprised) to see one of the extra charges is a FUEL SURCHARGE! I sort of thought that most fuel surcharges were reluctantly removed from things in 2014 when oil prices went in half and then dropped some more.

Terry

WEBellSystemChristian

Well, it looks like my phone left San Juan Saturday, and showed up at the Wisconsin Hub in Oak Creek yesterday. It's at the Waukesha Post Office now.

Funny thing happened, though. It looks like it went to Milwaukee after leaving Oak Creek, rather than jumping right to Waukesha from Oak Creek like USPS usually does.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

LarryInMichigan

Next time, let's try for the USPS distribution center in Guam (link) ;).

Larry

AE_Collector

American Samoa is real nice this time of year! We were there at the end of April last year. Didn't see a USPS storage facility but did see Charlie the Tuna on the Starkist Tuna processing plant.

Terry

Jim Stettler

Quote from: AE_Collector on January 22, 2018, 12:22:03 PM
American Samoa is real nice this time of year! We were there at the end of April last year. Didn't see a USPS storage facility but did see Charlie the Tuna on the Starkist Tuna processing plant.

Terry

BTW:
I have at least 1 Charlie Tuna telephone.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

andre_janew

I think I may have some dial cards I ordered going from California to New York before they get to me here in Kansas!  I should've gotten them last Thursday!