News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Where is that FedEx package?

Started by TelePlay, January 29, 2018, 10:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Ever wonder what happened to the package sent by a seller to you using FedEx about a week ago and tracking says it's still in transit?

It could be one of these (photos taken on June 30, 2009 on I-94 between the Wisconsin Dells and Mauston). A double bottom probably heading for La Crosse decided to lay down for a nap. It was still there on my drive back some 4 hours later. Note the pile of boxes in front of the red tow truck.

Memo to self, use lots of packing tape for you never know what may happen.

AE_Collector

Can't buy good advertising like that!

Terry

Dan/Panther

In the last photo I see at least 3 packages that could be guitars, and at least 10 that could be phones.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Pourme

I'm sure if I was driving by....I could smell them and pick out the phones.
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

TelePlay

It it weren't for the transparent plastic roof on those trailers, all of the packages would have stayed inside the trailers. It was the one top that popped off that spread about 1/3 to 1/2 of the boxes on the highway. The 3rd image showing the red tow truck also shows that the broken open trailer still has a good portion of its load in the trailer.

The 4th image shows most boxes intact but there are a couple where the seams broke open and the long, square tube to the lower left not only had the ends pop open by the side seam also split open. Pays to use a bit more tape, I guess.

I have no idea why a double bottom would end up jack knifing. tipping, sliding sand spinning 180° degrees on the road but I can guess it was either a blown front tire, a driver not paying attention and slamming on the brakes to avoid a slow moving car in front or some jerk driver gave another a brake check causing the driver to take evasive action. There were no other vehicles involved. DBs are tough to trail on a winter day, but a mid summer sunny day?

Oh, yeah, the wind was from the east so no phone odors crossing the right lane/shulder moving to the north . . .  ;)