News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The “ebaY Handles List”

Started by Dan/Panther, June 13, 2010, 08:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

It is finally time to distribute an updated ebaY Handles list. It is up to 686 Handles now. All 686 of the feedback numbers have been updated within the last week, so for at least a week or two it wil be as accurate as it ever gets.

There are 22 handles on the list identified as being members of the CRPF (this forum), up from 16 on the previous Handles list.

If anyone has a handle that they want added to the list (your self or any other ebaY buyer/seller that deals in phones on a regular basis) you have less than 24 hours to let me know. If you were previously on the distribution list you will automatically receive a new updated copy soon.

Terry

AE_Collector

The ebaY handles List dated February 06, 2011 is DONE and "in the mail".

There are 686 ebaY Handles listed, up from 658 in the previous edition last September. The "Handles Wanted" section is mixed in with all the other handles now but the "wanted" are in red. Please take a few minutes to see if you have the scoop on any of them and forward it to me for the next edition.

If you have info on someone buying and/or selling more than one or two phones on ebaY send me the info so it can be added to this list.

The ATCA & TCI membership info should be quite accurate now. The ebaY feedback numbers shown have all been updated within the last 7 days so it is quite accurate for at least the next 12 to 24 hours!

Just because someone is listed as a member of a club, that isn't enough to ensure that dealing with them will go smoothly. Take reasonable precautions when dealing with anyone on ebaY or anywhere else.

I have added one more tab on the bottom of the Excel sheet called "Instructions". I need to do some more work on it but it will give you user instructions on how to use the bidder code / feedback numbers to try to determine who is bidding on or who won an item.

As always, thanks to all of my helpers who make it possible for me to put all of this info together. I don't buy or sell enough on ebaY myself to put together a list that would be of any use to anyone but when we all work together we have built a list of 686 ebaY Handles.

Terry

HarrySmith

Awesome job Terry! Again a big thanks for taking the time and effort to put this together!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

Guess what? It is almost time to send out a new updated ebaY Handles list once again. If anyone wants to be added to the list or wants to know if they are or are not on it, just ask.

The new list will be distributed to all who are on my distribution list sometime this coming week.

If any of my regular contributors think they have some additions but just haven't got around to putting the info together to send me...now would be an EXCELLENT time!

Terry

AE_Collector

January 30, 2012:

Time to send out a new updated ebaY Handles list once again. If anyone wants to be added to the list or wants to know if they are or are not on it, just ask.

The new list will be distributed to all who are on my distribution list in the next couple of days.

There are now about 750 entries. I have updated ALL of the Feedback numbers within the last 36 hours, A TON of Work if I do say myself.

If anyone has the scoop on anyone buying or selling phones regularly on ebay, send me the info and it will be on the Handles list in the next day or so.

Terry

Doug Rose

Terry...thanks for all the effort you put in on the Handles List. It is such a useful tool to use while navigating eBay....Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

Quote from: Doug Rose on January 31, 2012, 10:59:14 AM
Terry...thanks for all the effort you put in on the Handles List. It is such a useful tool to use while navigating eBay....Doug

I second Doug's comment, Terry.  Thank you for your time and effort in putting together the list.

AE_Collector

Thanks Guys!

It is a lot of work but I have some secret helpers with whom it really wouldn't be possible. Thanks to them as well. You know who you are but will go un-named on purpose.

I just completed and emailed out the new list for January 31, 2012. If you had asked to be on my distribution list but didn't receive a copy, obviously I messed up! Send me an email or a PM and I'll email you a copy and add you to the distribution list for next time.

Terry

Here's the "Cover Letter" I sent with the latest ebaY handles List:

Here's a new ebaY handles List dated January 31, 2012. I updated all of the Feedback numbers over the last few days so it should be quite accurate for the time being.

What I haven't updated in two or three years now is the ATCA and TCI club membership indicators. I am considering deleting this information in the near future as it is too hard to get accurate information and it is a lot of work to update that part of the list.

Once again I have sorted all of the "wanted handles" in with the known handles. The wanted are the ones that are in RED that are missing some of the information, primarily the handle owners NAME. If you can help solve any of these handles please let me know who they are for the next handles list that I distribute.

This list has an additional column on the far right that lists CRPF (Classic rotary Phone Forum) member names where known. Otherwise it is identical to the regular ebaY handles list. I only send the CRPF version of the ebaY handles list to people who have requested to automatically receive copies AND who are known members of the CRPF. You most likely also received the regular copy of the ebaY handles list as well.

AE_Collector

I just sent out an updated ebaY handles list. This one is dated June 08, 2012. I did some deleting of some old handles that had no activity in years this time around. I also decided to delete the club indicators (TCI, ATCA, CRPF and a few more outside of North America) as well. Way too hard to keep even remotely up to date. However, I do still keep a seperate version of the list that shows CRPF (this forum) names of those of us here who are on the Handles List. I only send the CRPF version of the ebaY handles list to people who have requested that they automatically receive copies AND who are known members of the CRPF.

Terry

Doug Rose

Terry....sorry man...first thing I thought off when I saw your answer. Thanks for the new handles list

-=D=-

Man I wish I could chop like he do
Kidphone

AE_Collector

I haven't been on any other lists for over a year now so I don't keep up with the "list" complaints though I do hear about it second hand a little bit. I should watch my "one liners" on here though as they can be taken the wrong way!

Another ebaY Handles list update out of he way so "I'm good" for a few months now.....

Terry

poplar1

This may be common knowledge, but I did not realize that you could see the complete ebay handle of  buyers if they later left feedback:

Feedback profile for tsid ( 208):

Period: Start date of feedback periodAllPast 1 monthPast 6 monthsPast 12 months
Feedback

From Buyer/price

Date/time
Great service, item well packaged, a great find from an excellent seller.
Member id revesq ( Feedback Score Of 78)
Nov-17-12 17:09
Western Electric Fiddleback Parts Phone (#330817554879)
US $2,850.00
View Item Western Electric Fiddleback Parts Phone

item as described thanks A+++
Member id nana011 ( Feedback Score Of 3261)
Nov-13-12 16:09
The Gray Telephone,Western Electric Parts Pay Phone (#330818116576)
US $3,278.00
View Item
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

kleenax

Quote from: Dan/Panther on June 13, 2010, 08:36:24 PM
They do excellent work..
D/P

http://tinyurl.com/2875w68

http://tinyurl.com/29nbzar

eBay seller "cat91101" is Ora and Richard Schmidt of Spring, TX. They are a good customer of mine.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

AE_Collector

Work is now underway on updating the "ebaY Handles list". The main thing to update is the feedback numbers as well as adding any new handles that have turned up since the last version was released which is way back to last June.

If anyone wants to know more about what the handles list is go back to the beginning of this topic OR go to reply #13 on page one at least.

The list isn't published anywhere but is available by sending me a request to add yourself to my distribution list. If anyone would like their ebaY name along with their full name to be included on the next handles list send me an email or a PM. No need to do this if you were already on the list in the past. I do know the ebaY handle of many of the CRPF members but generally do not know your (real) full name to include you on the list. email address is an option on the list as well.

If anyone has turned up some new info for me please forward it to me soon as I will most likely be distributing the new version of the list by the end of this coming week. I wont have a lot of time to beat the bushes looking for new additions myself this time.

Terry

kleenax

Quote from: AE_Collector on February 10, 2013, 07:00:33 PM
If anyone has turned up some new info for me please forward it to me soon as I will most likely be distributing the new version of the list by the end of this coming week. I wont have a lot of time to beat the bushes looking for new additions myself this time.

Terry

Some very interesting statistics that I gleened from the eBay Handles list Terry; check it out!  Of course, this is really subjective since the TCI/ATCA membership hasn't been updated, but it is still rather interesting.

Here's what I found by playing around with the "sort" feature on the spreadsheet:

923 - Total accounting on the eBay handles list

224 - Belong to ATCA   
203 - Belong to TCI
  55 - Belong to CRPF

88 - Belong to ONLY ATCA
  66 - Belong to ONLY TCI
133 - Belong to BOTH TCI & ATCA
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC