News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

andre_janew's phone collection

Started by andre_janew, December 15, 2014, 07:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andre_janew

I finally got it earlier today.  The handset has arrived and I recently put it on the phone.  Now it has the correct handset.

andre_janew

Here are some pictures of my sea foam green Kellogg ITT 500 phone with a black handset cord.

HarrySmith

Nice phone. Is it the same color on the inside? Interesting.
Excellent pictures also!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

andre_janew

Yes, it is the same color on the inside.  I noticed that it doesn't have a hole in the center of the receiver cap.  With Western Electric 500 sets that means it was made prior to 1959.   I don't know what that means as far as a Kellogg ITT 500 is concerned.  I understand they were a bit behind Western Electric, but I'm not sure by how much.

HarrySmith

I think Kellogg was pretty good at dating their stuff. Anything on the bottom or inside as far as date codes go?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

andre_janew

There is a 1-65 on the back of the dial and a 1966 date on the network.  There is also a 1965 date on the transmitter element and a 1962 date on the receiver element.  No dates on the plastic and no dates on the cord restraints.  No date on the bottom either.  The network and switch hook are held in place with nuts and machine screws rather than rivets.

andre_janew

Here is a picture of the inside of the  case.

TelePlay

Quote from: andre_janew on February 07, 2015, 07:03:44 PM
Here is a picture of the inside of the  case.

That is one heck of a great picture. Glad that tripod worked out for you. Keep these great, clear shots coming! 

andre_janew

People are always commenting on what a neat color my sea foam green Kellogg ITT 500 is.  I take it as a compliment.  One of the reasons why I bought it is because I, in fact, thought it was a neat color.

andre_janew

HERE ARE A FEW PICTURES OF THE LEICH PHONE I PURCHASED ON EBAY FOR $13.99 PLUS $17 SHIPPING:

andre_janew

I recently purchased an SC 1543 on eBay for$14.99 plus $12.65 shipping.  The phone has a chip missing from one corner.  It had no line cord when I bought it.  The handset cord was intact, but the wires inside the phone had been cut.  The cords on it now I happened to have on hand.  They are from a Western Electric 500 phone as near as I can determine.  The dial sticks and may need cleaning and oiling.  The ringer does not work and it may be a frequency ringer because it has a big clapper.  Here is the link:

www.ebay.com/itm/131466425640

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

andre_janew

Here are some pictures of a WE 2500 with ITT plastics that I got in a trade.  It may have been a modular phone at one time, but now it is a hardwired phone.

In case any of you are wondering, I traded my light blue Touchtone phone for this one.

andre_janew

I will be getting a Stromberg Carlson Slenderet phone soon.  It is an orange touchtone from 1980.  I bought it on eBay for $2.75 plus $15 shipping.  I hope to post my own pictures of it as soon as I get it.  In the meantime, here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301728267032

andre_janew

Here are the pictures of my Stromberg Carlson Slenderet phone: