"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE34 Deal on Etsy

Started by LarryInMichigan, April 27, 2021, 04:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

Etsy link

I already have two AE34s, so I am passing on this one.

Larry

RB

crud...
Bank account has been cryin rape lately... :(
That is a nice addition to any collection!!!
Wonder what they mean by not working??

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: RB on April 27, 2021, 11:06:45 PM
Wonder what they mean by not working??

It has no cords, so I wouldn't expect it to work.

It looks like someone bought it.  Perhaps the buyer will post about it on the forum.

Larry

wds

Dave

wds

Bad packaging, arrived broken.  Not sure if it's worth opening a case or not. 
Dave

FABphones

Quote from: wds on May 13, 2021, 12:54:41 PM

I notice that particular side is missing from the photos so it may have already been damaged. Are the broken parts in there? If they are missing I would guess it was already broken and not declared.

I would contact the seller, see what they have to say.

Keep us updated, good luck.

(For when link goes dead, Etsy listing photos and description below).
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Doug Rose

Quote from: wds on May 13, 2021, 12:54:41 PM
Dave....they had to have insurance whether is was a deal or not...now it's parts. You should get your money back if they packed it poorly. Another beautiful Antique phone bites the dust after all these years.    :(  ...Doug
Kidphone

tubaman

Zooming on the photo that just about shows that side I think it was broken to start with.

LarryInMichigan

I think that tubaman is correct.  The damage is slightly visible in that one picture.  The seller conveniently accidentally neglected to get a good photo of that side of the phone.  I had not noticed that until now.  It is probably still a reasonable deal, especially if it has a proper SL ringer.  The ringers for those are not easy to find.

Larry

wds

I found some of the grille in the bottom of the box.  The box was very damaged and the bottom had holes so some of the grille parts could have fallen out.  The box had padding in the bottom, on top, with the phone and handset sandwiched in between.  No padding on the phone or handset.  The phone just rattled around in the box and the handset knocked out the grille.  I suppose there could have already been some damage to the grille, which would explain why the seller didn't post a picture of that side.   
Dave

MMikeJBenN27

That is a shame how some sellers refuse to pack items properly.  This phone is rare enough that it is still worth having, as Richard Rose can probably repair it so that it looks OK at a glance.

wds

I've tried working with the seller, but all they seem to want to do is have me return the phone and I only get refunded my purchase price of the phone, but no shipping.  I have a feeling that this seller has gotten away with this before and Etsy doesn't seem to have much of a resolution policy.  I opened a paypal case and a case with etsy, but I think paypal may be my best option.
Dave

Doug Rose

Not a fair resolution.....sorry to hear that Dave...either way you are out money for sellers bad packing...Doug
Kidphone

tubaman

Section 6 of their Buyer Policy (https://www.etsy.com/legal/buyers/?ref=list) says:

If Etsy determines that an item is not as described, the seller will be required to refund the order, including original postage and return postage. In the event that Etsy needs to refund the return postage cost on behalf of the seller, that refund may come in the form of an Etsy Credit.

Hopefully they'll deal with it correctly.
:)